The Cedar Springs Library Board was first formed in the mid 1930′s. During the years when the City was a village, the three-member board was elected. Once the Village incorporated as a City in 1959, the Library Board was appointed by the City Council. In 1999, the City Council voted to change the membership of the Board to include Solon Township representation. Today the Library Board is comprised of seven members. Three members are Solon Township residents, appointed by the Township Board and four are City of Cedar Springs residents, appointed by the City Council. The Board meets monthly to ensure the efficient operation of the Cedar Springs Public Library.
Board members include Cedar Springs residents: Earla Alber, Danielle Phillips, Becky Powell and Kathy Bremmer and Solon Township residents: Bob Ellick, Tony Owen and Vicki Babcock.